We have also been watching the growing media coverage of the teams that have signed a Letter of Intent to compete in the Automotive X PRIZE (AXP). We salute these first brave teams (currently 43 teams from 6 countries) and we are excited when we see these teams get recognition in the press.
One of the biggest benefits offered to teams that enter the AXP is the press and media coverage they can expect to receive. Even before the AXP has been officially launched, we have seen interest in our Letter of Intent teams ranging from articles and blog posts to radio and television interviews.
Here is just a small sample of the hundreds of recent articles about our teams:
- Aptera Motors: StartUp Beat, 8/2007
- Cornell University: PopularMechanics, 8/2007
- FuelVapor Technologies: gizmag, 7/2007
- Loremo: AutoblogGreen, 8/2007
- Michigan Vision: Ann Arbor Business Review, 9/2007
- Phoenix Motorcars: Fast Company, 11/2007
- Porteon Electric Vehicles, Inc.: CNET, 10/2007
- Society for Sustainable Mobility: Red Hat Magazine, 8/2007
- Tesla Motors: Newsweek, 10/2007
- Velozzi: engadget, 4/2007
- Visionary Vehicles: Washington Post, 9/2007
We expect to see much more coverage of the important work being done by AXP teams in the coming months and years as the AXP is launched and more teams join the competition. It is going to be quite a ride!
Feel free to comment and add links to other interesting articles you have read about AXP teams.